Are you a seller who wants to sell products from a specific brand in the Flipkart marketplace? If that’s the case, you need to get brand approval on Flipkart. Flipkart does it to make sure that no one is selling unauthorized products on their platform and that the sellers have approval from the brands or the government to sell them.
In this article, we will learn the types of brand approval and how to follow the correct steps to get brand approval from Flipkart.
Let’s get started!
Types of Brand Approval
Flipkart has two different brand approval processes for two separate categories. One is for everyday products like electronics, accessories, furniture, and every product that is not food-related goods or supplements. The other process is for getting approval for selling branded food products and supplements.
Please note that these two products have different brand approval procedures and require additional documents before you can start selling on Flipkart.
- Type 1: Trademark/ Brand Authorization Letter/ Invoice/ MRP Label/ Product Image/ Packing Images.
Flipkart would usually ask you to submit these kinds of documents when you’re applying for Flipkart brand approval. Also, for some categories, you are required to submit a trademark or brand authorization letter before you can sell products from any particular brand on Flipkart.
Now, according to the latest Flipkart guidelines, you would also need to upload invoices related to the purchase of products from a particular brand.
- Type 2: FSSAI Mark and License Number/ Manufacturing Date, Shelf Life, Expiry Date/ MRP/ Veg or Non-veg Mark/ Manufacturer or Importer/ Ingredients and Nutrition Details.
Apart from the usual product categories, Flipkart has a separate category dedicated to registering food-related and supplement products, which needs the FSSAI license number and mark. If you’re looking for Flipkart brand approval for these kinds of products, you will need to submit the related documents, which are different from the type 1 documents mentioned above.
Documents Required for Brand Approval on Flipkart
Since we are going to talk about the brand approval process for the majority of the products, we will ignore the brand approval procedure for the food and supplement brands. Now, here’s the list of documents you need to gather for brand approval on Flipkart:
- Trademark certificate
- Brand authorization letter (It needs to come from the brand itself)
- Invoices from the authorized suppliers or distributors
- Product images
- Packing images
- MRP labels (But if your products are branded items from other companies, you don’t need to create new MRP tags. After all, the brands usually supply MRP tags with the products.)
Please note that even if you have an authorization letter from a brand, Flipkart will still cross-check it with that specific brand before allowing you to sell that brand’s products on its platform.
Flipkart Brand Approval Process or Audit
Brand approval on Flipkart is a kind of verification process that is done by a dedicated team of professionals at Flipkart. The company might also send one of their auditors or agents for the physical check of your goods and physical premises.
Flipkart also needs to ensure that you, as a seller, comply with all the legal and business guidelines to sell a specific product. Physical verification will ensure that you do not involve yourself in any kind of fraudulent activity. For example, if you sell food products, you must have a government-issued FSSAI license.
After that, the Flipkart team will check your product and business-related documents. For example, if you submit brand authorization letters or FSSAI certificates, the team will verify their authenticity with the respective brands and government. Only after that can you start selling branded products on Flipkart.
In the upcoming section, we will show you how the process of getting brand approval on Flipkart works.
The Process of Getting Flipkart Brand Approval
Here’s a list of steps you need to follow to get brand approval on Flipkart and start selling branded products without getting into trouble:
- First, sign in to your “Flipkart Sellers Panel” and click on the “My Listings” option.
- Once you get to the page, click on the “Add New Listings” button at the screen’s top-right side.
- Now, you have to click on the “Add a Single Listing” option.
- Next, you need to find and select the “Category” in which you are looking to get brand approval from Flipkart.
- Once you are done selecting your category, click on the “Select Brand” button.
- After that, focus on the “Check for the Brand you want to sell” box. Here, you will find a blank box that will show the “Enter Brand Name” text.
- Click on the box, type the name of the brand you want to sell on Flipkart, and click on the “Check Brand” button.
- Finally, the section on the right side of the screen will show if you are authorized to sell products from that specific brand on the Flipkart marketplace.
- If you don’t have the necessary brand approval on Flipkart, it will ask you to submit a few documents and apply for brand approval. In this case, you have to click on the “Apply for Brand Approval” button.
Now, if you don’t have brand approval yet, we will show you what documents you need to submit in the following section.
Once you click on the “Apply for Brand Approval” button, you will be redirected to a new page, where you will need to write or upload the following things:
- Brand Name: It’s pretty obvious. All you have to do is mention the name of the brand or company.
- Brand Logo: You need to upload the logo of the brand here. However, it is not mandatory.
- Brand Website Link: The link to the brand’s official website for which you want to get Flipkart’s approval. Once again, it’s not mandatory.
- Where do you sell the products of this brand currently?: For this option, you must select one available option. This is to let the Flipkart Brand Approval team learn if you are already selling products from this brand on any other platform. Of course, you can skip this option.
- Sample MRP Tag Images: In this section, you can upload the images of MRP tags that you have received from the brands or companies from which you are sourcing your products.
- Are You the Brand Owner?: Since you’re sourcing your products from this brand and don’t own the brand, you should select the “No” option.
- Kindly Upload Any of the Following Documents: This is the most crucial section. To get Flipkart brand approval, you need to submit a photocopy of any of the following documents:
- Brand authorization letter (This document must come from the brand owner)
- Category-specific government license copy (For example, if you’re planning to sell foods and nutrients products, you need to upload an FSSAI certificate)
- Invoice copy or purchase bill
Once you complete the application form and submit the necessary documents, you just have to click on the “Apply” button, and the application for brand approval will be forwarded to the Flipkart team.
Conclusion: Waiting for Brand Approval
Once you submit the application form online, you should see a “Form Submitted Successfully” pop-up on your screen. If you see that, it means that the application has been successfully submitted, and the Flipkart team will review it as soon as possible.
In most cases, the Flipkart team will provide their verdict within 48 hours of submission. You will either get a Flipkart brand approval, rejection, or error. In case you get a rejection or error, check your application carefully and fix every possible thing that might have caused the error.
If you fix the problems successfully and submit the proper documents, you should be able to get brand approval quickly and get permission to sell the product from that specific brand on Flipkart. You can also check the status of your application or brand approval in the “Listings” section.